Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mexico City Part Uno--the late night skulls

These were the skulls that were all up and down the Paseo de la Reforma. They appeared overnight, because they weren't there when I first got there. I went out late at night, and I think I took a picture of each and every one of them, LOL. There were cops all over, and they were staring at me.They were probably wondering what the hell I was doing taking pictures at 2 in the morning.I like this one, there's a lot of details in it, I think it's supposed to be a faiy tale themed skull.
Other side of the skull, there's a kid coming out of the eye.
With my limited Spanish, I read that these were basically skulls done by artists from all over Mexico. The skulls were all the same, about 4 feet in height, but the artist chose what he or she wanted to put on the skull. It was sort of like those cows that were all over NYC a few years back.

I like this one, it reminds me of Japanese watercolor paintings.


This one was my favorite. I just liked the black background and all the colors used.





This one was a bit scary. I think it was supposed to look like a Mexican wrestler?
Eww



Aztec themed skull, from both sides.


Uhm, haha, this one seemes to have a cooch theme. Very Georgia O'keefe.







Does there have to be ads for everything everywhere??



This one was made out of beans. I'm sure the rats ate this by morning.







I like this one too. She reminds me of Frida/Carmen Miranda.





Eww I hate this one, but since I had to take a picture of every skull, well there you go. Awful, reminds me of a retarded evil clown who kills people with balloon animals.


Another view of my fave

A view of my fave in the daytime

Hell YEA, it's the 30th anniversary of Saturday Night Fever, and Mexico is celebrating. Ok, it really is the 3oth anniversary, but I think Mexico probably doesn't care.




Haha, I don't know why, but I really liked this one. I was laughing at it, and a cop just stared at me. They wear nice riding boots, they're very fashionable in Mexico City.















No comments: